Sunday, September 7, 2008

Falling into Fall

'Tis the season - well, not quite. But with Autumn getting closer and closer, I thought I'd post some things that have been going on with us lately that are related to fall.



TREES

At the end of August, Jeff, Jordyn, and I all went to our property for a picnic, and to water our pine trees that we planted there three years ago. However, when we got to our property, we found that three of the four trees were completely dead. We had let some neighbors use our property as a place to graze their cows; however, their cows decided to graze off our trees rather than the alfalfa grass. We talked to the neighbor about it, and he agreed to buy us new trees. But it's still sad to think of all the hard work that we put into those trees is now gone to waste. Anyways, on a better note, here's a pic of Jordyn and the neighbor's boy, Tyler, up at our property.





bAcK tO sChOoL


With Jeff breaking his ankle the week of my last final for Summer semester, it didn't seem like I had very much of a break inbetween semesters. Luckily, I'm only taking one class this semester - Economics 2010 which is on Friday nights from 5:15 until 7:45. The hardest thing about this class is that after a long week of work, it's hard to buckle down and focus when I'm ready for the weekend!



VAMPIRES

Move out of the way, ghosts and goblins. This Fall is all about vampires and werewolves! Yes, I've joined the fanatics, and have started reading the Twilight series. Great big thanks to Amber for getting me started on these and letting me borrow her books - I've been reading them for two weeks, and am ready to start on the third book already!

Potty Training - when it rains, it pours!

And pour it does! Jordyn is wearing big-girl panties, now, and is getting the hang of going pee pee and poo poo in the potty. We've moved her potty seat into the living room, and when it's time to go potty we sit her down in front of a movie. Pretty soon, she'll let it flow! But we've had quite a few accidents along the way, and right now it's a matter of mommy and daddy remembering to get her to the potty every couple of hours.



It's PEACH Time!

And when the peaches are on, so is Brigham City's annual Peach Days celebration. This year, I was asked to help with the Peach Queen Pageant, so I was required to go to the practices and help the girls prepare for their interviews, talents, evening gown walk, fitness number, and onstage question. There were two girls that I was in charge of in particular, but I mostly got to know and help each one of the contestants. Oh - and the funnest part was being backstage during the pageant helping with hair and makeup and cheering the girls on. Anyways, here's a picture of me and my girls, Ashley Tolman and Tamara Remmington.


Jeff was also a part of the Peach Days celebration this year. He got to ride in one of the semi-trucks in the Peach Days parade. I don't think I've seen him smile that much in I don't know how long!

Jordyn loved the parade, especially the candy! She also liked seeing Daddy in the parade, but cried when the truck he was in went "bye bye." She's such a cute little stinker, and I couldn't resist taking these pictures of her.










Fencin' In for Fall

When we moved into the house we're living in, we knew we would have to replace the fence. The one that came with the house was an old red wood fence, and we had a hard time keeping our dogs inside of it (they are so small they squeeze right through the slats). Besides, the fence was old and was falling apart, and if there was ever a tornado, I could see that fence being ripped out of the ground, flying though the air and killing someone. So our summer project this year was to replace it. In order to do this, we had to rip out some trees, and put a concrete border around our yard to hold the posts in. However, with Jeff breaking his ankle this summer, I ended up having to call my mother-in-law, and she and I mixed and poured the concrete while Jeff did the flat work! What a team! Anyways, the fence is now done, but there's still a lot of yard clean-up that we need to do. But here's a picture of our house, looking at it from the front yard.

You can see the fence with the privacy slats on the left of our house. The big stump you see in our gutter is the remains from one of the trees we had to rip out. Like I said, there's still a lot of clean up to be done - those ugly bushes in the fron of our house will be removed, and I'll hopefully be doing some flowerbeds next year. But it's definitely a good start!

We hope that everyone is doing well, and that you are enjoying the weather this time of year! Happy Autumn, Everyone!

4 Meaningful Memos:

Ashlee Garn said...

Holy Shnikees what a post! LOVE IT! :)

Embellish the Moment said...

I didn't know you were a Hostess for the pageant! How fun! The whole committee was so fun to work with, and the girls were adorable! I thought the pageant came together really well.

I am glad that you are liking Twilight! I LOOOOVE it. Can't wait for the movie!

Cutest Jorge! I love that little sunshine face! We need to come see your fence. I'll bet it's a refeif to have that done.

Embellish the Moment said...

She is taking from one of Cherry's daughters, she's just starting it this year up on top of the bowling alley, called The Turning Pointe. She is really cute with the girls. Maybe next year Jordyn can come too! That would be so fun :)

SOOOO, now that you're into Eclipse, are you on Team Edward or Team Jacob?

Julie said...

Peach Days! ahh the joy! Isnt it fun?? I went to the pageant on Thursday night...it was fun!! Those girls all did a pretty good job!! I always wondered what it was like behind the scenes! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun though!!

Your keeping busy that is for sure! Aren't we all though. Fall is a crazy time of year, but a lot of fun!! I am totally down with getting together...we just gotta figure out a time for both of us! When is your next day off?