Sunday, May 24, 2009

Feeling a bit overwhelmed lately...

Seems like life just keeps getting crazier and crazier by the second. Here it is almost the end of May and I'm posting about things that happened in April. I keep telling myself that someday I'll get all caught up with everything, but lately I just keep getting more and more behind! Ugh!

Easter was good - the day before Easter we went to the Baby Animal Festival in Logan. It was kind of bittersweet. They had all sorts activities for the kids; pony rides, bounce houses, and all sorts of animals to pet and hold. The problem was that Jordyn had so much fun at each activity that she didn't want to move on to the next fun activity. So it was kind of crazy, but all in all a good time.

Jordyn was NOT thrilled at all about sitting on the Easter Bunny's lap. She would rather be in the bounce house.


She was more happy to have the bunny sitting on her lap.


On Easter Sunday we woke up and looked in our Easter baskets, went to church, then went to my Mom's for an Easter Egg Hunt.

Time since then has just been a whirlwind. I started taking a kick boxing class, plus I got started with 3 new summer classes for school. I LOVE summer classes because they're short, sweet, and to the point; but it sure is overwhelming to try and cram 12 weeks of material into a six week learning period. I'm just ready to be done with school - but alas, I still have a year and a half left. I guess I just need to hang in there.


Somewhere in the mix of things, my computer got a worm, and we ended up losing all of our photos! It's a good thing I'm a scrapbooker and had hard copies of most of them, but there were some that I hadn't printed that are gone forever. Sad.


And finally, Mother's Day - Jordyn decided to make it an extra special Mother's day this year and cut her own hair. She found some scissors and took a big chunk of hair off the side of her head (thank goodness it wasn't in front.) When I found her she was standing on a chair with scissors in hand,one side of her hair longer than the other, and hair all over the chair and floor around her. I should have taken pictures, because looking back now it could be something to laugh at, but I sure wasn't laughing at the time. I had to cut about 4 inches off her hair to try and blend it in - it looks okay but I'm sad because we were trying to let her hair grow out. Oh well, like I said, I'm glad she didn't cut the front of her hair off and that she still has both ears and all of her fingers!

3 Meaningful Memos:

The Thornleys said...

OH wow!! You have been busy!! Thats too bad about her hair. I think all little girls end up doing it sometime in life though...

The Photoshop program I'm using is an older version. It is Photoshop Elements. I would love to get a newer one. They are like $80. But it is soo coool what you can do with it. There are alot of videos of them on youtube that show the cool things.

I hate how long it has been since we caught up on things. We might be coming up this weekend if Kyle does his endowments... Guess if we do we will have to get together!!

Embellish the Moment said...

Life doesn't ever just stop does it! Cute little stinker! I wish we could have done baby animal days w/ you. Too fun. Missed you for Thomas! You're right, that'll be my next post, if I ever get around to it!

kevin and lacie +kids said...

LOVED the PICS!!!! Jordyn is too cute!!! She always melts my heart!!!
Sad about the computer crash thing!!