Today at church we sang The Star Spangled Banner, and I found myself weeping. I am so thankful to live in this country. I'm currently taking an International Economics class at school, and it is so humbling to see the many freedoms that we take for granted. Even with the recession we are in, we have it so much better here than other countries do.
Anyways, we had a great 4th of July weekend. Friday Jeff, Jordyn, and I went to our property. We were going to go 4-wheeling, but somehow we ended up with the 4-wheeler and no key. So we just ended up working on some cement forms for the concrete pad that will one day be our shed. We also enjoyed a nice Malad Drive-In lunch of cheese burgers, lime rickey, and their famous freezer fries. Not a bad trip, even though we didn't get to go 4-wheeling. Saturday we went to Perry Park and let Jordyn tear it up in the bounce houses. Then we went and hung out at the in-laws, and went to the city fireworks show later on that night. Let me just say that Jordyn did NOT like the fireworks at all - she sat with her head in her hands the whole time. I don't think she's ever been that quiet or that still in her life.
It's been nice to have the long weekend, but it's just gone way too fast. Now I've got to get Jordyn down for her nap and work on a presentation plus study for a test. The joys...
Happy 4th of July!
Sunday, July 5, 2009
Land of the free and home of the brave!
Posted by The Nielsen's at 3:11 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 Meaningful Memos:
Glad you had fun! Hope you found the key!!!!! Hadlee and I went and watched Kev rope in Plymouth. Our boys went to fireworks in Logan with my in-laws! What a late night. After we got home the neighbors horses were in our lane so we got to make some phone calls at like 11:30 or midnight! So crazy!! Jordyn is not the only one who doesn't like the fireworks. Hadlee hates loud noises, too!
FUN! Now...I need the motivation to blog about the 4th :) Crazy that she didn't like the fireworks. She'll grow to love them :)
Seriously, send the pics to me!! I want to do them for you!! Just send them as and attachment to thethornleys@gmail.com
Post a Comment