Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Bah Humbug - Mother's Day 2008

I've learned that there are advantages to having a hard-nosed husband who doesn't care about holidays and is opposed to buying gifts. I've given up being disappointed when he forgets and doesn't get me anything, or when he doesn't get me exactly what I want. I just buy my own gifts and then I always get what I want; and he doesn't have to go through the horrible pain and agony of trying to buy a gift for me, nor does he have to be on a guilt-trip for not getting me anything at all. Don't get me wrong - he has given me some really great gifts in the past - he got me a Cricut for Christmas one year, and has spontaneously given me flowers on several occasions. However, I know that he's been very busy lately, and had not given a single thought to Mother's Day. So I just told him to not worry about it, and I would go do some stuff for myself for Mother's Day. Which is exactly what I did. After 4 hours in the salon, some new clothes, and a tanning pass, here is the outcome of my Mother's Day.


Just another small note about Mother's Day - I don't think I ever realized or understood the love of a mother until I became a mom myself. My mom has done so much for me that I've taken for granted, and I just want to take a moment to publicly thank her for her efforts. Also, I love being a mom and am grateful to have such a wonderful husband and a precious daughter. They truly make my life complete. Happy Mother's Day!

2 Meaningful Memos:

Ashlee Garn said...

As usual, you look GORGEOUS! :)

Helena said...

LOOKING GOOD!!!!!!