A while ago someone mentioned to me that I don't ever make note of my dogs here on this blog. Well, I have two dogs. Two small Shih-Tzus, Kissee and Shasta, or as Jordyn calls them, Kissee and Sa-ta. As a pair, she refers to them as Gogs. Someday I will teach her proper English...
These gogs are her best friends. She is their worst enemy. Now, I know she would never purposely try to hurt them. She loves them and if anything ever happened to them she would be heartbroken. But sometimes she plays a little too rough with them. Luckily, Kissee and Sa-ta tolerate her, and they are sure to gently let her know when enough is enough.
This morning I woke up to Sa-ta's low growl next to me on the bed. I recognized this as Sa-ta's warning to Jordyn that she was running out of patience, and I opened my eyes to a giggling Jordyn throwing her buttie (blankie - another English term we're working on) on Sa-ta, and trapping the poor gog underneath it. I quickly put an end to this and began to get her some cereal, only to find her moments later stepping on Kissee's tail, preventing Kissee's attempt to jump off the couch. It's a miracle these gogs even stick around, but I guess when you're getting trapped under a buttie and having your tail stepped on all the time, how could you leave?
Anyhow, I proceeded to get Jordyn sat down with her cereal and worked my way to the bathroom to see what damage would need to be done to my hair to get it looking half decent for the day. I hadn't been working on it long when Kissee and Sa-ta came running full speed down the hall, with Jordyn in hot persuit. She was holding a plastic sword that Jeff had so graciously (yeah right) bought her at the fair a couple days ago, and was grinning from ear to ear as she followed the gogs down the hall. Sometimes I have to pinch myself to make sure what I'm seeing is real. Luckily, the gogs are okay.
I am selling a plastic sword. In fact, it's free to a good, pet-free home. Come get it, it's yours.
(No animals were harmed in the writing of this post.)
Tuesday, August 31, 2010
Gogs
Posted by The Nielsen's at 1:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 Meaningful Memos:
Funny Jeri! And you know I know exactly how it is!!! Gotta love the 4 legged kids! Somehow the 2 legged ones get the best of the 4 legged! Jordyn is so cute and we love her so much! She looked cute in her "sparkles" at the fair! Hope she had a great time!:)
Ok seriously, I am laughing so hard! I am wondering if Brooklynn will pester our dog when she's old enough :)
This seriously cracks me up. You have a freakin' cute kid! :) K, so.....are you gonna be at the lovely BC festivities this weekend?? We'll be down there, I'd love to see you guys, hopefully you can find us or we'll find you!!
I'm beginning to think you fell off the planet! We need updates of you guys:)
Post a Comment