Monday, August 2, 2010

My Not-So-Little Little Girl

It's hard to believe that my not-so-little little girl turned FOUR yesterday. She has been such a blessing in our lives and I am so thankful for the sweetheart she is.

Top 10 Reasons Why I LOVE Being Jordyn's Mommy:

10. She keeps me thinking. She is always asking questions, some of which I don't have answers to. But I'm getting good at making things up :)

9. She keeps me on my toes. This little girl never slows down! She is always exploring and going as fast as she can.

8. I can never out-guess her. I always think I am two steps ahead of her, only to find I am 10 steps behind her.

7. She makes me laugh even when I'm having a bad day. Need I say more?

6. She makes a bad-hair day look good. I'm definitely going to have my hands full when she starts dating.

5. I get to see all sides of her - happy, sad, mad, silly, etc. She may be shy around other people, but she has got a great personality. She is always so animated, no matter what mood she's in. Even when she's totally upset at me and tells me "Fine, I'm not your mommy anymore!" haha.

4. She makes me laugh no matter what mood she's in - see above.

3. She gives me the sweetest hugs and kisses - even when her friends are around.

2. She's just so stinking cute. (See top picture.)

1. She says "Guess what Mommy?" and I say "What Jordyn" and she says "I love you!" Melts my heart like butter on toast.

Happy Birthday, Sweet Girl!

5 Meaningful Memos:

The Thornleys said...

Happy Birthday Jordyn!!! I love your new pictures! so pretty!!! You have a cute family!

kevin and lacie +kids said...

Love this post Jer! Sounds like your in shock that she's 4 and I'm in shock that my baby's 7. I loved celebrating with you guys!!!! Love your new background and pics. I wish I could get my background changed, but I must be doing something wrong:(
Anyways you sure have a pretty girl and we are so happy that we are family:)

Ashlee Garn said...

I LOVE the new pictures. And HOLY CRAZY how fast she is growing up :)

Julie said...

oh I love this post. You have great little analogies :) She really looks so grown up in that picture! What a doll. But I totally know what you are talkin' about on half of those things you mentioned! Kids are dang smart! :) Hope you guys are doing well!

Dani said...

Happy Birthday Cute Jordyn. She is such a cute girl! That was a great, heartwarming post!