Saturday, August 9, 2008

Life's a Beach

Hey all - just wanted to catch everyone up on what's been going on this past week. It's been pretty crazy around here!
First and foremost, a great big thanks to everyone for all the thoughts, prayers, and well-wishes in Jeff's behalf. The surgery went well, and he now has 7 screws and a plate holding his ankle together. He's in good spirits, and has started getting around the house on his crutches. They're hoping to send him back to work on modified duty this coming week, which will help keep him from going insane from sitting around all week.

Well, I'm a year older now, and I guess a year wiser, too. I had my last final for Summer Semester on August 5th, which so happened to be my birthday. It was a bummer to spend my birthday studying and taking care of Jeff, but I did get to have part of the day off Friday to go to the salon and get my hair cut and re-highlighted.

In spite of everything we've had going on, we were lucky to have a day at the pool as a family before Jeff hurt his foot. I was actually going to post these pictures a week ago, but figured Jeff's foot was more of a priority. So on a lighter note, here's some pics of us at the pool.



3 Meaningful Memos:

Nikki said...

Sounds like you are having a good summer inspite of the setback of Jeff's foot! I hope everything goes well with the recovery!

Ashlee Garn said...

Cute new layout! Still love the pics. Give Jeff a big hug for me to get better soon ;)

Julie said...

Hey! Holy smokes...OUCH ...I just saw the picture of Jeffs foot and I totally wanted to cry when I saw that! I can't even imagine! I hope he recovers quickly...(for his sake and YOURS!)
We will have to try REALLY hard sometime to play. It has really been a crazy summer and I feel bad we haven't been able to get together! Hopefully soon!!

(oh and what pool are you at?)