Saturday morning Jeff had to work early, as Staker-Parson's was doing a 3:00 AM pour in Ogden. Jeff LOVES the early morning pours, especially on Saturdays because he gets paid overtime, and the sun is not up yet so he doesn't have to deal with the heat; plus, being a cement truck driver, he doesn't have to deal with all the idiots on the road in the wee morning hours. So in spite of waking up at 1:00 AM, Jeff was pretty excited to be going to work.
This Saturday started out like any other early-morning pour; Jeff woke up on time, got dressed, ate breakfast, and kissed me goodbye. I told him that I loved him and to be careful. Apparantly he didn't listen to my advice.
Shortly after 2:00 AM, my phone rang, so I tiredly answered it. It was Jeff, saying that he had fallen at work and needed me to come get him and take him to the hospital. A phone call of that nature will get a person out of bed really quick, and I was about halfway out the door when I realized I didn't have any shoes or socks on. As I finished putting my shoes on, I got another call from Jeff saying that the ambulance was on the way to get him because his ankle was probably broken and he couldn't move. I called Jeff's mom and had her come to the house and watch Jordyn while I hurried to the hospital. It seemed like hours before the ambulance arrived, and when it finally did I think I broke a world speed-walking record from the waiting room outside to the ambulance to see what the damage was. As they pulled him out on the stretcher, I could see that his foot was completely twisted to the side. Picture yourself laying on your back with your feet pointing upwards at twelve-o'clock. Now picture turning your left foot clockwise to 5-o'clock, while still laying on your back. Yeah, ouch.
These are picture of Jeff's left foot, while he was laying on his left side. The big bulge is his tibia, which was dislocated. Caution - these pictures may not be appropriate for those with a weak stomach.
So anyways, Jeff will go in for surgery tomorrow, August 4th. He is in a lot of pain, and has been parked on the couch the whole weekend. Which leaves me to hold up the fort until he's all better.
And there's Jordyn out banging on the piano in the living room, so I'd better go for now, but hopefully I'll have time to give more details after the surgery. But in the meantime, we really appreciate your prayers in Jeff's behalf.


3 Meaningful Memos:
Owwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!
Oh man that looks terrible. Maybe you should give him some Midol for the pain! :b
HOLY SHNIKEES! OWWEEEE! How did he fall? I'm sorry!
Holy Crap! That can't feel good! I hope the surgery went okay! Good Luck Jeff!
Post a Comment