This time of year is very hard for me - the cold weather, no holidays off work for another three-and-a-half months, and just the everyday day-to-day ordinary things seem to dampen my spirits. Luckily, I've had a few changes occur this week that have given me a little boost to get me through the winter blahs.
First things first - new hair cut! I needed something different - my long hair just hasn't been cooperating with me lately and it was just taking too much of my time in the mornings. Plus no matter how much effort I would put into it, it always seemed to go flat after about two hours into the day. So I decided to take about 5 inches off the bottom, layer it, and cut some bangs. Here's how it turned out - what do you think???
Secondly, with the economy in the shape that it is, we decided that it would be a good time to refinance our house. We got a MUCH lower interest rate and put our property in Idaho onto the mortgage, so we don't have a property payment anymore and the payment on the house stayed pretty much the same. Now we'll have some extra $$$ in our pocket for school and maybe we can start building our dream home in the near future - who knows???
Finally, (and I do mean FINALLY) we had a pretty exciting morning this morning. Jordyn walked up to me and handed me her panties that she'd taken off. I thought 'Oh great - she's had another accident.' But no - her panties were DRY! All the sudden Jordyn turned and RAN for her potty seat, sat down and went POOP! I was so thrilled I that started dancing around the house and went and got Jordyn the present I had bought her for just such an occaision - a sticker/coloring book. She was happy and so were we. This is a good sign that she is FINALLY understanding how the potty thing works! Can I get a WOO WOO?!?!?!


7 Meaningful Memos:
Love the hair and Congrats on everything else! YEAH!!!
You hair looks great! I love it! It's funny how winter can do that to you! I suffer from it too! Anyway I really love it!
WOO WOO! There, you got a WOO WOO! lol :)
LOVE tha hair! Totally adorable! I've been contemplating cutting bangs...but I don't know. I'll probably wuss out! :)
YEAH for potty miracles! and YEAH for chopped hair! It's super cute.
Jeri it was so good to see you at the wedding on Friday. I was trying to mingle over your way, but every time I took a step someone would stop me!! We really need to go to the temple, but I really need to see if my dress fits since I've been prego!! Call me when you have a spare minute! Love Ya!
WAY CUTE!!! YOU LOOK GREAT!! I think its good to change up our looks every once in awhile...it helps with our self confidence.!! especially, when you turn out looking as good as you!! and YAY for all the other good news! you deserve it!!
Thanks for the commment!! You guys should totally come down! It is so much fun and so messy and amazing... Plus it would be great to see you!! Hows everything going?? I hope great!!
Post a Comment