Long time, no blog! I wish I could say I've been extremely busy, but I really haven't. It's just a miserable time of year and not much has been going on worth blogging about. We've just been waiting out the last few miserable weeks of winter before Spring!
Last week, my parents, sisters, grandma, a few aunts and uncles and I had the opportunity to go to the Draper Temple Open House. We reserved the tickets months ago and were SO excited to go, however, it ended up being the worst snow storm of the year on the day that our tickets were reserved for. But nothing can stop the Berry Family when they've got their mind set on doing something, so we braved the icy, snowy roads and were on our way! We made it to the meeting house safely, where we watched a short film about the Draper Temple. We learned where we got our determination; our relative, William Draper, Jr. was shown on the video as founder of the swamp-filled area which would eventually be known as Draper, Utah. After the film, we were shuttled up to the temple. It was absolutely gorgeous! We felt so blessed to have that opportunity. I've got a few pictures, but I'll first show you this commercialized one so you can see how beautiful the temple really is.

And this is how it looked on the cold day that we went there.
And here we are standing outside the temple entrance.


3 Meaningful Memos:
Oh How fun!! I wanted to go so bad, but it didn't happen. However my brother will be newly off his mission just as the oquirh (sp?) temple opens!!YEAH!!
WOW! You went brown!!!! Holy Shnikees! lol :O) Love it! The temple is beautiful. I can't wait to see he inside!!!
Fun! I would have loved to have gone to the open house, but every time I looked for tickets, they were all times that Aaron couldn't go. Bummer. Glad you got to go.
Post a Comment